Notes on submission and format requirements
- Please create your private account when registering. You will then receive your password by e-mail. Please note that it may also happen that the mail response with your private password is received in your spam folder. If you have not received the password by e-mail within an hour, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving your password, please log in with your e-mail and password. You can now submit your abstract under „abstract submission“. Please follow the steps indicated.
Please note that, for security reasons, you are automatically logged out of the system after 1 hour. All unsaved data will be lost. We therefore recommend to write the abstract beforehand and copy the abstract text into the text field.
- Please submit the complete abstract. Temporary storing of the abstract is not possible.
Editing the abstract is possible at any time until the submission deadline.
- After successful submission of your abstracts, you will receive a confirmation mail. Please note here too your spam folder.
- You can now register at any time and submit additional abstracts or modify already existing abstracts before the deadline on 30 November 2019. Submitting or saving after expiration of the deadline is no longer possible!
- Please note that the preference chosen between lecture and posters is not a guarantee.
Instructions for Authors
- 2,500 characters are allowed for the abstract text, including spaces, bibliographical references and captions, excluding names of author and titles. There is no additional character buffer. The abstract revision is bound to the maximum number of characters of 2,500. In the title neither the institute / clinic nor product or brand names may be given. In the abstract text, no reference can be made to participating institutes or clinics as the evaluation is anonymous. The contents may neither have been submitted to previous conferences nor published in a scientific journal. The publication of the abstracts is done online in citable form, as submitted.
- Tables or graphics (maximum two with a maximum storage capacity of 300 KB) in abstracts may be submitted in .png or .jpg format. Graphics and tables are printed in black and white in the abstract volume. The graphics will automatically be placed under the abstract text.
- The lead authors will be informed about the acceptance via e-mail. In addition, information about the determined presentation form (lecture or poster) and the lecture date resp. poster presentation will be forwarded.
The abstract must be submitted in English. The title must be provided in German and English. The Programme Committee reserves the right to correct orthographical errors and to standardise English spellings. Please use British English (see the language settings of your word processing programme). Please note the following structure:
- Methods (selection of study objects or laboratory animals, methods of examination and analysis of data)
- Results (examination results with specific data and, where possible, statistical significances)
- Conclusion (conclusions from the results)
Please copy these headings in bold type into the abstract text.
Signatures / Declaration of Consent
With the submission of the abstracts the declaration of consent is made, that each of the authors accepts the responsibility for the content. The authors also guarantee that the abstract submitted describes unpublished results and that clinical studies have been done with approval of the ethics commission and that animal tests have been done with official permission from the proper authorities.
The authors commit themselves that upon the acceptance of the poster/lecture, one of the authors will personally take over the presentation at the appointed time during the annual conference. The authors agree to the abstract publication on the website www.dgnc-kongress.de
The list of authors is intended to meet the requirements of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (www.icmje.org). In particular, it should be pointed out that, in the case of the presentation of the results of operations, the responsible main operators as authors must be taken into account.
The abstracts have to be ready for publication by 30 November 2020. Their contents must not have been submitted in a previous annual meeting or published in a scientific journal. The publications of the accepted abstracts are available online in citable form, as submitted, on the portal German Medical Science (GMS).
Your contact person:
Conventus Congressmanagement & Marketing GmbH
Carl-Pulfrich-Straße 1 • 07745 Jena
Phone +49 3641 31 16-161
Fax +49 3641 31 16-243